Saturday, November 12, 2011

Needs Must When Times Are Hard

When I dreamt of starting my own business as a self-employed woodturner/artist it was easy to imagine how it would all fall into place.  However, I, as well as many others, often underestimate the amount of hard work and determination required to turn your dream into a reality.

Since I am still in the early stages of growing my business, finances are always tight and sometimes I question if it's all worth it.  Well, gladly I think it is.  But there are times when we need to look at our situation and figure out how to improve it with limited funds.

So, I recently decided to sell my Volvo V70 SE Estate.  The newest and by far the best [arguably] car I've ever owned.  It belonged to my late Dad and was gifted to me by my Mum ( a non-driver).  To be honest, I never really enjoyed the car.  So, with my Mums good wishes, I decided to sell it and part exchange it for a lump of cash and a car I do enjoy.

So here it is, a Volvo 940 LPT Estate.  One of my all time favourite Volvos and one that will hopefully give me much pleasure for years to come (not to mention a financial boost to the business):

The Beast - In all it's glory!
A very long car - but handles like a dream!
Overall body condition is excellent for it's age.
Just a car - but I like it!
Since I am the only driver in my immediate Family I am the only one who makes driving decisions.  I am happy to have sold my previous vehicle and now have great pleasure in driving the Family wherever they want to go.  A nice, smoothe ride, built for comfort - not speed - just like me!

Thanks for visiting. www.leerobertsneddon.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lee

    Setting up iyour own business is very hard indeed, especially in this climate, however woodturnign is a very exclusive market. Furniture parts, bits and pieces soon start rolling in.

    But it is not easy at all, anyone that says it is has a big pension behind them already.

    One thing I have learnt is that if we come from a good place then things generally work themselves out in the end.

    Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,

    I pretty sure I can't get any lower these days but you never know!

    To be honest mate if it wasn't for your Friendship and support I think I would have lost my direction along time ago.

    Thanks to Google+ I lost all of my Blog images! Just put the most recent ones back in!

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete