Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Broxburn Woodcraft Club

This evening was the first of a new social gathering of all of the club members.  It was great to meet a whole bunch of like minded people and to finally be getting back into my local club.


You can check out the clubs website here: Broxburn Woodcraft Club

There are a number of exciting ventures planned for the club and it's members.  The frist of these will be the Strathbrock Craft Fair, a great local event to support the community and a yet to be designated charity.

The club will also be in attendance at Scotland's National Woodworking Show, a great opportunity to present the diverse skills of the club and it's members.  The club will be in attendance both days and are looking for a club woodturner to do some simple demonstrating on the lathe.  I think I may offer my skills, while not professional by a long chalk they will help to support the club and the wider craft of woodturning.  It will be a great opportunity for me to perform some turning in a more professional and organised environment.  It should help with my confidence at turning in front of others and to encourage me to work harder at my tool control and lathe skills.

Thanks for visiting, LRS.

No comments:

Post a Comment