Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 - Bring it On!

2011 has been a very challenging year and I am happy to be at the beginning of a new year.  Hopefully it will bring many new challenges and exciting ventures.

I am looking forward to being published in Woodturning Magazine.  The proof has been signed off, the February issue is advertising my article for March and I can't wait to see my work in the magazine.

There are a few people that I would like to thank but I will do that in person.  They have been a strong and encouraging group of supporters and when things appeared pointless or depressing they have helped me through these difficult times and given me the boost required.

I will be starting of the year by submitting photographs of new work for a contemporary mixed media exhibition.  My creative mind has been working in overdrive trying to narrow down the ideas and concepts but I need to remain focused as the submission for digital images is 14th January!

I am also working on some updates to my website.  An additional page to support my magazine writing and general visual changes to ease navigation and add a little style.

Meeting the challenges of this year will be one of my top priorities and I am hoping that I can manage the various creative and professional elements of a Turners work.  There may be the prospect of providing production work for a furniture maker which will help to improve my skills and tool control while providing some much required finance to improve my working environment.

Due to the changes expected this year I am likely to be less involved in forums than usual.  They have been a great resource in the past and I have enjoyed making contributions but the time has come to focus on pushing my own enterprise forward and growing in the process.

I am also looking forward to cementing professional and personal relationships and enjoying the Friends and acquaintances I have met in the Woodturning world.

All the very best for 2012.

Thanks for visiting. www.leerobertsneddon.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. All the best for 2012.

    Keep up the experimenting and enjoying the process.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete