Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tibetan Singing Bowl

I recently purchased some wood blanks of a larger depth to allow me to create the form I want for these bowls.



Very pleased with this one as it now reflects my imagined form into reality.  I am still finding a lot of pleasure in creating these bowls as I can now focus more clearly in turning the form I desire while combining spindle work to create the stand and gong.

However, it is also common place to have these bowls resting on a small cushion.  I think the next one will be more artistic and will also include a small, handmade cushion to rest upon.  Below are a few examples of the sort of thing I am referring to and plan to create for the my next piece.





moodwood.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Hi lee

    Good to see you developing this and enjoying turning beyond that of just creating shapes. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,

    It is nice to work on a them as well as having my more abstract and conceptual work. There is still a lot of development in this idea and i'm looking forward to progressing with it.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete