Thursday, September 22, 2011

Abstract Sculpture

I recently had the need to return to subject matter that enjoyed many years ago and that is Abstract work.  A while ago I used to express myself through the medium of abstract paintings but I was always dissatisfied with my output.  However, I find myself surrounding by all of the right circumstances to now create abstract work in 3 dimensions.

It's great being able to feel a sense of real freedom when in a creative and abstract state of mind.  There is a knowledge that you are somehow responsible for what you are doing but not for the HOW or WHY you're doing it.

The fascinating thing about exploring creativity in this way is that the end result can often be as much of a surprise for me as it is for anyone else.  I can also view my work as somehow being seperate from me and more a part of the collective unconscious.

I hope you enjoy looking at these images of the piece.  Feel free to contact me via my website if you wish to discuss it further.  It's always interesting to speak with other creatives.


Thanks for visiting, LRS.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lee

    A great piece of work. keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark,

    This one will be coming your way!

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee

    I very much appreciate that. It already has a place to sit so when people come into my lounge they will be confronted with it face on. A real statement piece.

    ReplyDelete