Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trainspotting

 This is my latest artistic and expressive piece.  I have called it Trainspotting after the infamous Scottish film.  The film was shot in and around some areas that I have lived and I know first hand that life in and around these areas can be a trial.

The piece is actually a pro-life message, having experienced some issues with suicidal ideation, depression and anxiety, the piece for me is a cathartic experience and allows me to deal with my cognitions in a positive and creative way.

Better that issues of this nature are explored in a creative and positive way than remaining unchecked and ignored  to possibly come back at a later date both stronger and virulent.





There are many ideas and concepts explored in the piece and small details that hold a lot of meaning.  Exploring these meanings and trying to understand them is a natural part of my character.

To present the work to others is also a pleasure as it allows others to explore their own thoughts and feelings on the various subjects and concepts involved in the piece.

To challenge myself and promote this way of thinking in others is all I hope to do.  If it helps to highlight some of the more serious issues in the process then this is a bonus.


moodwood.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment